Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Super Easy and Yummy. From 30 minute meals.
- sweet paprika, for sprinkling
- 680.38 g chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large refrigerated biscuit (recommended Grands by Pillsbury)
- 44.37 ml butter
- 2 stalk celery hearts, and greens chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
- 9.85 ml poultry seasoning
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml shredded potato, ready to cook hash browns, available in sacks on dairy aisle
- 473.19 ml half-and-half or 473.19 ml cream
- 946.0 ml chicken stock, available in boxes on soup aisle
- 1.23 ml grated nutmeg, a healthy grating
- 236.59 ml frozen green pea
- Preheat oven according to package directions and arrange biscuits on cookie sheet. You will have 4 extra biscuits. Save them for ham and cheese or egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches the next morning.
- Sprinkle biscuits with a little paprika and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- In a medium pot over medium to medium high heat, cook chicken in butter 2 minutes then add veggies and season with salt and pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Cook 5 minutes more, add flour cook another minute.
- Add potatoes, then whisk in half-and-half or cream and chicken stock.
- Add nutmeg.
- Bring soup to a boil by raising heat, then turn heat back to simmer and cook soup another 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Add peas. Stir in to warm them through a minute.
- Serve mugs of soup with biscuits on top to cap the mug: chicken mug pies!
Perfect timing! We're enjoying our first snowfall of the season and what better to come home to (Carly was playing in the snow) than a mug of hot chicken soup. I first poached my chicken in the stock then proceeded with your directions. This is rich, creamy, and going into my permanent files. TFS, made for the Beverage Tag cooking game.