Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine (for the sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced onion (for the sauce)
- 1 lb thinly sliced mushroom (for the sauce)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (for the sauce)
- 1 teaspoon salt (for the sauce)
- 1 dash pepper (for the sauce)
- 1 cup sour cream (for the sauce)
- 1 cup rice (for the sauce)
- Mix 3/4 cup of softened butter or margarine, parsley, chives, green onion, salt, and pepper.
- Shape into 4 strips (like sticks).
- Chill or freeze until firm.
- Place one breast between 2 pieces of wax paper.
- Pound slightly.
- Repeat with others.
- Place one stick of herbed butter on each breast.
- Roll breast so butter is completely enclosed.
- Close with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat egg and water together.
- Dredge breasts in flour.
- Dip in egg mixture.
- Roll in breadcrumbs to coat well.
- Heat 1/4 cup of butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté until golden, turning gently with 2 forks.
- Place in 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- To make your sauce, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Mix 1/2 of the sauce with cooked rice.
- Serve chicken on rice with remaining sauce on top.
Anyone that woll put a 1/4 lb of butter in a chicken breast is OK in my book. Im going to try it today... Thanks