(oven) Chicken Kiev
This is a very easy recipe given to me years ago by a great friend.
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2⁄3 cup melted butter or 2/3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Melt margarine.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan, basil and oregano.
- Dip chicken in margarine and then in crumb mixture; place in glass baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Save remaining margarine.
- Bake 25 minutes in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven (uncovered).
- Combine remaining margarine with wine, green onion and parsley.
- Pour wine mixture over chicken and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Place cheese slices over chicken and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wow! This is a luxurious and rich treat indeed. I felt compelled to decrease the amount of butter, so I used 1 stick. I think next time I will use even less. I also used fresh herbs for this and the flavors were just marvelous. Plain rice is the perfect accompaniment so that the chicken can be the star, and there's the added bonus of drizzling the rice with that extra butter. I did not add the Swiss cheese at the end; I honestly think it would be a little too decadent with that addition! Maybe next time. This dish was adored by all. Thank you for posting it.Reply
see 3 more