Recipe by Terry4food
I have had chicken in white wine cream sauce at a local restaurant and found it was probably my favorite chicken dish. I have searched in vain for a recipe that would include all the ingredients I now only vaguely remember. So, in desperation, I found a basic recipe and have adapted it. I have made this a few times and found it very close to what I remember. The only missing ingredient is cheese. I have yet to remember what cheese was used (other than it was a white cheese). Eventually I will experiment with adding cheese, but for now I am really pleased with this version. I hope you like it too.
Top Review by Goodieman
Very good,quick and easy to prepare.I went with 6 cloves of garlic and a pint of heavy cream.I also added a 1/2 cup of parmesan at the end and a teaspoon of cornstarch mixed with a teaspoon of water to thicken it up. Served it over white rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 5 -6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pint cream (heavy or light)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly brown both sides of chicken in olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, and butter and saute about 4-5 minutes until onions start to become translucent.
- Add wine and Worcestershire sauce and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Lower heat and add cream, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley.
- Too high of heat will cause the cream to curdle.
- Simmer on low 20-25 minutes until done.