1/1 Photo of Chicken in Garlic White Wine Cream Sauce
I have had chicken in white wine cream sauce at a local restaurant and found it was probably my favorite chicken dish. I have searched in vain for a recipe that would include all the ingredients I now only vaguely remember. So, in desperation, I found a basic recipe and have adapted it. I have made this a few times and found it very close to what I remember. The only missing ingredient is cheese. I have yet to remember what cheese was used (other than it was a white cheese). Eventually I will experiment with adding cheese, but for now I am really pleased with this version. I hope you like it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly brown both sides of chicken in olive oil.
- 2Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, and butter and saute about 4-5 minutes until onions start to become translucent.
- 3Add wine and Worcestershire sauce and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- 4Lower heat and add cream, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley.
- 5Too high of heat will cause the cream to curdle.
- 6Simmer on low 20-25 minutes until done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Garlic White Wine Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.0
- Calories from Fat 530
- Total Fat 58.9 g
- Saturated Fat 32.3 g
- Cholesterol 240.8 mg
- Sodium 283.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 28.8 g