Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tasty with a variety of vegetables and eggs scrambled in it. The rice needs to be cooked ahead of time. Previously titled Quick Fried Rice.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shrimp (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped- (optional)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped broccoli
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Quickly stir-fry the onion and garlic.
- Add chicken and cook for a few minutes until just done. Push chicken to sides of pan.
- Scramble eggs in pan. Push to side.
- Add shrimp, mushrooms, bean sprouts, broccoli and parsley and rice.
- Mix in chicken and eggs and stir-fry 4-5 minutes. Do not burn.
- Add soy sauce and pepper and stir-fry another 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.
I'm giving this a 4 bc it was pretty good but it lacked a few things... I added minced ginger, more salt, and finished it with sesame oil. After that it tasted like a very good restaurant recipe. Definitely good with all of the veggies. OH! And I added carrots in the beginning.
Made for PAC fall 2008. Made this for lunch yesterday and enjoyed eating it! DH is not a rice eater unless I hide it in foods. I cut recipe down to 2 serving o I could have leftovers. Although not "quick" it is tastey. I left out beansprouts as I had none. I will make again at full volume for freezer (1 serving cntainers) so I can takefor lunch. TY
Don't know that I'd call this "quick" fried rice but it certainly is great tasting and a full meal in one pan. Very flexible and forgiving recipe. I added some oyster sauce and chili oil. I'm delighted to have the leftovers in the freezer for some genuinely QUICK fried rice. Good recipe, Cookie.