Recipe by Cookie in Ontario
Tasty with a variety of vegetables and eggs scrambled in it. The rice needs to be cooked ahead of time. Previously titled Quick Fried Rice.
Top Review by Grimm's Restaurant Tales
I'm giving this a 4 bc it was pretty good but it lacked a few things... I added minced ginger, more salt, and finished it with sesame oil. After that it tasted like a very good restaurant recipe. Definitely good with all of the veggies. OH! And I added carrots in the beginning.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shrimp (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped- (optional)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped broccoli
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Quickly stir-fry the onion and garlic.
- Add chicken and cook for a few minutes until just done. Push chicken to sides of pan.
- Scramble eggs in pan. Push to side.
- Add shrimp, mushrooms, bean sprouts, broccoli and parsley and rice.
- Mix in chicken and eggs and stir-fry 4-5 minutes. Do not burn.
- Add soy sauce and pepper and stir-fry another 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.