Tasty with a variety of vegetables and eggs scrambled in it. The rice needs to be cooked ahead of time. Previously titled Quick Fried Rice.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shrimp (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped- (optional)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped broccoli
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Quickly stir-fry the onion and garlic.
- Add chicken and cook for a few minutes until just done. Push chicken to sides of pan.
- Scramble eggs in pan. Push to side.
- Add shrimp, mushrooms, bean sprouts, broccoli and parsley and rice.
- Mix in chicken and eggs and stir-fry 4-5 minutes. Do not burn.
- Add soy sauce and pepper and stir-fry another 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.