Instant Pot Shrimp Fried Rice
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 1 lb large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews
- Spray the inner pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add shrimp, beaten eggs, broccoli and onion to the inner pot.
- Cover and lock the lid in place. Place the vent to the sealing position and set to manual on high pressure for 1 minute.
- To make the sauce, combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, sesame oil and cornstarch; whisk well and set aside.
- When cook time is finished, quick release the pressure, remove the lid. Set to Saute mode, add sauce and stir using a wooden spoon.
- Cook for two minutes or until the shrimp are completely opaque and the sauce has started to thicken. Add cooked rice and carrots and continue to stir until the rice is heated through and all the ingredients are well combined. Serve topped with chopped cashews.
- Serves: 4; Calories: 402; Total Fat: 10 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Total Carbohydrate: 51 grams; Sugars: 7 grams; Protein: 27 grams; Sodium: 945milligrams; Cholesterol: 236 milligrams; Fiber: 6 grams.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!