Shrimp Fried Rice
savory garlic-infused fried rice with shrimp, egg & veggies.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups cooked white rice (refrigerated for at least a few hours, so it's crumbly)
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, peeled & diced
- 3 lbs cooked shrimp (tails off)
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- cook white rice and refrigerate for at least a few hours (until dry & crumbly).
- saute garlic and green onions in oil, until fragrant.
- add cooked white rice.
- saute soy sauce and garlic powder with rice.
- push rice aside and scramble eggs (same pan).
- mix in rice with scrambled eggs, until egg shreds form.
- add carrots and green peas.
- add shrimp.
- saute all ingredients.
- add pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this last night and it was very good. Even my picky eater who rarely compliments me on dinner came upstairs and the first words were how good the fried rice was. I used a lot less shrimp than the recipe called for and used the small salad shrimp. I added an extra tablespoon of soy sauce and a tablespoon of sesame oil to add a bit of punch to the flavor. Be sure to use a large frying pan. I used a 12" pan and it just barely held everything. A very EZ recipe to make and better than a lot of fried rice I have had in restaurants. Thanks for posting it.Reply
see 3 more