Courtesy of Naylene Dillingham
Make and share this Chicken Fried Lamb Chops With Creamy Gravy recipe from Food.com.
For the gravy
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups whole milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar (preferably turbinado sugar)
For the lamb
- oil, for frying
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 single-rib frenched lamb chops, 2 chops per person
- 2 cups buttermilk
- For the gravy:.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, add flour and oil. Cook over medium heat for about 10 to 12 minutes whisking constantly until a peanut-brown color.
- Whisk in milk, salt, pepper, and sugar. Bring to a boil, continuing to whisk.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes whisking frequently until sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon (not too thick, but not too thin).
- Make gravy before you fry the chops.
- For the lamb:.
- Add 1-inch of oil in a straight-sided 3-inch deep pan. Preheat oil in frying pan to 365 degrees F.
- Mix salt and pepper with flour. Dredge the lamb chops in the seasoned flour.
- Dip lamb chops in buttermilk, then back into the flour.
- Slowly add chops to preheated oil, about 4 per batch. Cook 2 minutes per side for medium doneness. Drain on a rack.
- Serve with gravy.
Way over the top goodness! We rounded up the men, and brought in the kids for a more then an amazing meal of chops and gravy. I used frenched chops, but this even made it more exquisite, satisfying, and delectable treat as you could dip the lamb lollipops right into the gravy. I followed this exactly, and this was a quick put together, drop onto the table kinda meal. Thanks for posting such a lovely recipe and I expect to use this quite often! Made for "Down on the Farm Cooking Photo Tag" May 2012