1/1 Photo of Chicken Fried Lamb Chops With Creamy Gravy
Iron Woman's Note:
Courtesy of Naylene Dillingham
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the gravy
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups whole milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar (preferably turbinado sugar)
For the lamb
- 1For the gravy:.
- 2In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, add flour and oil. Cook over medium heat for about 10 to 12 minutes whisking constantly until a peanut-brown color.
- 3Whisk in milk, salt, pepper, and sugar. Bring to a boil, continuing to whisk.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes whisking frequently until sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon (not too thick, but not too thin).
- 5Make gravy before you fry the chops.
- 6For the lamb:.
- 7Add 1-inch of oil in a straight-sided 3-inch deep pan. Preheat oil in frying pan to 365 degrees F.
- 8Mix salt and pepper with flour. Dredge the lamb chops in the seasoned flour.
- 9Dip lamb chops in buttermilk, then back into the flour.
- 10Slowly add chops to preheated oil, about 4 per batch. Cook 2 minutes per side for medium doneness. Drain on a rack.
- 11Serve with gravy.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fried Lamb Chops With Creamy Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 881.9
- Calories from Fat 530
- Total Fat 58.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 152.0 mg
- Sodium 809.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 41.0 g