Spinach & Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Breast in Creamy Gravy
photo by ecordova21
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 ounces spinach
- extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 onion
- 1 (1 ounce) package chicken gravy
- seasoning salt
- onion powder
- salt & pepper
- vegetable oil
- Preheat Oven to 365.
- Thaw and Clean Chicken Breast Removing Any Excess Fat.
- Slice Chicken Breast Horizontally (Flat on Cutting Board) through the Center Creating a Pocket for Stuffing.
- Chop Desired Amount of Onions. approximately 1/4 to 1/2 of Onion.
- Sautee Onions in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Sprinkle salt & pepper to taste over onions while sauteeing. (If any oil left after sauteeing, save it for gravy).
- Boil Spinach in pot of approximately 1/3 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of butter until most of water has boiled off. (Spinkle salt to taste in spinach).
- Pour just enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of oven baking pan and place chicken breasts in baking pan.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with Seasoning Salt, Onion Powder and Oregano. Do not season inside pocket of chicken.
- Open flap to reveal inside pocket of chicken. Place a layer of cheddar cheese first. Then place a layer of the Sauteed Onions. Next a layer of Cooked Spinach. Finally sprinkle salt to taste over last layer of spinach.
- Close the flap as well as possible. It may not close completely depending on how much you stuffed it. It is fine if its still open a bit.
- Place in oven uncovered for 35-45 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking in oven, prepare package of chicken gravy according to package ingredients. If you have any oil left from sauteeing the onions, pour up to 2 teaspoons of the oil in the gravy for more flavorful taste.) During this time you can also make the mashed potatoes I suggested.
- When chicken is finished in oven, Pour desired amount of gravy over the chicken and enjoy! (Gravy can also be used for mashed potatoes).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!