Recipe by Sage
A great recipe I found in Canadian Living that I tweaked a bit. Serve with crunchy raw vegetable. Fillet of chicken works really well in this recipe.
Top Review by Chef Pollo
Yummy! Chicken Fingers at home! These were great. We used panko and had a few trials and errors, now we know what better to do next time.<br/>I think though, next time, I may omit some salt or all the salt, parmesan seems salty enough, and the butter too.<br/>Hubby said they were awesome leftover.<br/>Also, I loved them with plum sauce although the Honey-mustard was great! Thank you.<br/>2nd review: these are really yummy! Cut parm in 1/2. was perfect for us. Breadcrumb mix was a bit sparse, had to make more. But will make again, very tasty!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs or 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, Dijon and honey.Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Between sheets of plastic wrap, pound chicken with flat side of meat pounder or with rolling pin until 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut lengthwise on diagonal into 4 x 1-1/2-inch strips.
- In bowl, whisk eggs and garlic.
- I used Egg Creations to replace the eggs.
- In shallow bowl, combine cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, salt, pepper and paprika.
- One at a time, dip chicken strips into eggs, letting excess drip back into bowl. Dredge in cheese mixture, coating generously and pressing to adhere.
- Arrange on greased baking sheets; drizzle with butter.
- Bake in 425°F oven until golden, crispy and no longer pink inside, about 15 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce.