A great recipe I found in Canadian Living that I tweaked a bit. Serve with crunchy raw vegetable.
Make and share this Chicken Fingers With Honey Mustard Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs or 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- In small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, Dijon and honey.Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Between sheets of plastic wrap, pound chicken with flat side of meat pounder or with rolling pin until 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut lengthwise on diagonal into 4 x 1-1/2-inch strips.
- In bowl, whisk eggs and garlic.
- I used Egg Creations to replace the eggs.
- In shallow bowl, combine cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, salt, pepper and paprika.
- One at a time, dip chicken strips into eggs, letting excess drip back into bowl. Dredge in cheese mixture, coating generously and pressing to adhere.
- Arrange on greased baking sheets; drizzle with butter.
- Bake in 425°F oven until golden, crispy and no longer pink inside, about 15 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce.