1/1 Photo of Chicken Fiesta Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
This is a recipe that my mom made a lot when we had left over tortillas. I loved it when the tortillas were crunchy and smothered in cheese. :D Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chopped chicken
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (optional)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives
- 1PREHEAT oven to 375°F
- 2Brown the chicken with the onion and peppers in a large skillet, stirring frequently; drain.
- 3Stir in salsa, cream of mushroom, tomatoes and corn; bring to boil.
- 4Place 6 tortillas, overlapping as necessary onto the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish. Spoon the chicken mixture over tortillas; top with 1 cup of the cheese. Top with the remaining 6 tortillas. Cover with foil.
- 5BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- 6Remove from oven; uncover. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 7Turn off the oven and replace the dish untils the cheese is melted.
- 8Serve hot with a salad, chips or cold fruit on the side. Don't forget the sour cream!
- 9Note: Sometimes Mom would add spices or salsa to the cheese topping. Or Ortega chiles. I loved it when she added some salt & pepper with garlic and the the Ortegas. This is still one of my favorite meals. :D. Especially when we had a fruit salad on the side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fiesta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.5
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 113.8 mg
- Sodium 1266.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 33.8 g