Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I absolutely LOVE fettuccine alfredo, it's one of my all-time favorite dishes! Here is my favorite way to prepare it. This was inspired by Buca di Beppo's "Fettuccine Supremo", but just with added carrots. I use a recipe I found online for the Alfredo sauce. Hope you enjoy!
For homemade Alfredo sauce (instructions to follow)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1.5 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 cups milk
- 9 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 quarts water, lightly salted
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1 -2 cup broccoli floret
- 1 -2 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- freshly grated pepper
- freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Prepare Alfredo sauce as follows: 1) Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. 2) Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. 3) Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out any lumps. 4) Stir in Parmesan cheese and pepper. 5) Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. 6) Sauce will thicken rapidly, so thin with milk if cooked too long.
- In a saucepan, cook broccoli florets, carrots, and red bell pepper in boiling water until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Drain.
- Grill chicken breasts in a lightly oiled skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and slice into bite sized pieces. Keep warm.
- Boil pasta in water until pasta is tender, but still al dente. Do not overcook!
- Remove pasta and drain thoroughly.
- Toss hot pasta together with sauce, broccoli, carrots, bell peppers and chicken and serve piping hot. I like mines with a little extra Parmigiano sprinkled on top.
- Bon Appetit!