Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are delicious fajitas that are cooked on the grill rather than on the stove top which we enjoyed. This recipe is very easy to change the amount of servings. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 2005)
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 limes, juice of, only
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breast halves (I used chicken tenders)
- 3 poblano chiles, seed and cut into 3/4 inch wide strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 3/4 inch wide strips
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 3/4 inch wide strips
- 2 red onions, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds and separated into rings
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- avocado, sliced
- sliced black olives
- chopped red chili pepper
- Prepare barbecue.
- Puree first 5 ingredients (cilantro - chili powder) in blender (or food processor).
- Place chicken in a glass baking dish and pour 1/3 of marinade over chicken, turning to coat all sides.
- Arrange vegetables (chilies - onions) on a rimmed grilling pan or baking pan, pour 1/3 of marinade over vegetables. Season chicken and vegetables with salt and pepper if desired.
- Grill chicken until cooked through (7 -10 minutes per side, depending on thickness of chicken). Grill vegetables until tender, turning often (about 15 minutes). Grill tortillas until charred (1 minute per side).
- Transfer chicken to work surface and slice cross wise into strips.
- Fill tortillas with chicken and vegetables and drizzle with remaining marinade.
- Serve with your favorite salsa and toppings.
This is delightful. My husband loved it. I served with lowfat sour cream, good salsa, sliced avocado, and low fat cheese. My husband does not like cilantro. I used flat leaf parsley instead. I also used chicken tenders. It smeled just like a restaurant when i was grilling this. I would serve this to company.
This was very easy and flavorful I used rotisserie chicken but sealed it in my food saver bag with the marinade, before grilling. Worked perfectly.
This recipe is great! At first I was a little intimidated by the appearance of the marinade, but it turned out delicious. I would say this recipe easily feeds 8 people. We ate fajitas all week!