1/5 Photos of Chicken Fajitas With Grilled Peppers and Onions
These are delicious fajitas that are cooked on the grill rather than on the stove top which we enjoyed. This recipe is very easy to change the amount of servings. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 2005)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 5 limes, juice of, only
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breast halves (I used chicken tenders)
- 3 poblano chiles, seed and cut into 3/4 inch wide strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 3/4 inch wide strips
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 3/4 inch wide strips
- 2 red onions, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds and separated into rings
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1Prepare barbecue.
- 2Puree first 5 ingredients (cilantro - chili powder) in blender (or food processor).
- 3Place chicken in a glass baking dish and pour 1/3 of marinade over chicken, turning to coat all sides.
- 4Arrange vegetables (chilies - onions) on a rimmed grilling pan or baking pan, pour 1/3 of marinade over vegetables. Season chicken and vegetables with salt and pepper if desired.
- 5Grill chicken until cooked through (7 -10 minutes per side, depending on thickness of chicken). Grill vegetables until tender, turning often (about 15 minutes). Grill tortillas until charred (1 minute per side).
- 6Transfer chicken to work surface and slice cross wise into strips.
- 7Fill tortillas with chicken and vegetables and drizzle with remaining marinade.
- 8Serve with your favorite salsa and toppings.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fajitas With Grilled Peppers and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1641.6
- Calories from Fat 728
- Total Fat 80.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 286.0 mg
- Sodium 1338.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 118.4 g