1/2 Photos of Chicken Enchiladas
Tasty chicken enchiladas from a Better Homes & Gardens cookbook. A family favorite for years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, inced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup small pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 72 inches corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup small pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1Cook the 1 cup chopped onion and garlic in oil until onion is tender but not brown; stir in flour.
- 2Add undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili peppers, sugar, cumin and salt.
- 3Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; set aside.
- 4Combine chicken, HALF the cheese, the 1/4 cup onion, chopped olives and the 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- 5Set aside.
- 6In skillet, dip tortillas briefly in small amount of hot oil until limp but not crisp; drain (you can also soften instead in microwave for a few seconds.) Spoon 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up.
- 7Place in a large (13x9x2-inch) baking dish.
- 8Pour tomato mixture over all.
- 9Pour enchilada sauce evenly over top.
- 10Cover with foil and bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes.
- 11Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- 12Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese; return to oven until cheese melts, 2 or 3 minutes.
- 13Top with the sliced olives.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.4
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1784.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 24.2 g