Basic White Sauce
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups sauce
- Melt butter in a small saucepan; Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Cook and stir over low heat until evenly combined and smooth, making a roux.
- After butter and flour are combined with no lumps, slowly add all of the milk.
- Stir constantly to evenly blend flour mixture and milk.
- Continue to cook and stir the mixture over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live here in Utah with my wonderful husband & daughter. <br /> <br />I've been cooking since I was a kid, but really started to get interested in it over the last few years. I'm best at desserts and baking, but like to make just about anything. I especially love to entertain and cook for others. I'm not a picky eater and will try anything once. I'm always making new recipes so it's pretty rare if I make anything twice. These days cooking has me taking on a new challenge to find things that a picky 2 year old will eat and my husband and I will eat as well. It's not always easy but the successes are definitely worth the effort!</p>