I found this recipe in a Pampered Chef cookbook, called "Celebrate!". It's easy to prepare and is attractive enough to serve at parties!
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted ripe olives
- 1 (4 ounce) cupshredded cheddar cheese, and monterey jack cheese blend
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pampered chef pantry southwest seasoning
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 lime
- 2⁄3 cup finely crushed corn tortilla chips, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Chop chicken and olives using Food Chopper; place in mixing bowl.
- Add cheese, green chilies, mayonnaise, and seasoning mix.
- Seed and chop 1 tomato.
- Slice lime in half.
- Using Juicer, juice one half of lime to measure 1 teaspoon juice.
- Reserve remaining lime for garnish.
- Add chopped tomato and lime juice to chicken mixture.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons crushed chips; add remaining chips to chicken mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle reserved crushed chips over cutting board.
- Unroll crescent dough.
- Place dough, sticky-side down, onto crushed chips; press down lightly, so chips adhere to dough.
- Separate dough into triangles.
- Arrange triangles, chip side down, in a circle on round baking stone (or round pizza baking sheet) with wide ends overlapping in the center and points towards outside.
- (There should be a 5-inch diameter opening in center.) Scoop chicken mixture evenly onto the wide ends of each triangle.
- Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring.
- (Filling will not be completely covered.) Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- For garnish, cut remaining tomato into 8 wedges.
- Cut remaining half of lime into 4 slices; cut in half.
- Arrange between openings of ring.
- Cut and serve with salsa and sour cream.