Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
A quick inexpensive dinner, very good served with garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, pickled beets and glazed carrots.
- Break the bread into pieces, in a large bowl, soak the bread in the half and half until the liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Mix the chicken, egg, salt, pepper, dill and the 3 tablespooons room temperature butter.
- Put in the freezer for about 10 minutes to firm up.
- Remove the chicken mixture from the freezer, it will still be soft.
- Form the mixture in to four oval cutlets and coat them with the bread crumbs.
- In a large non stick frying pan, heat the remaining butter and the oil over moderate heat, cook the cutlets until golden brown and just done, 4 or 5 minutes per side.
This recipe was delicious, and easy to make! I followed the recipe exactly. I used milk. They were very moist. I served them with mashed potatoes and gravy. Will definitely be making these again and again! Thanks!
I was pleasantly surprised by how large the cutlets were. They are very generous portions instead of small patties. We found them very mild in flavor with the dill providing a nice hint in the background. The mixture is very soft even after chilling. I cooked at 300 degrees in an electric skillet, turning twice. I thought these would also be good topped with sauteed mushrooms and cheese and served in a bun too. Thank you for sharing your recipe!