Simple, Easy Pickled Beets
- Ready In:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of sliced beets
- 1 1⁄2 cups beet juice
- 1 large vidalia onion
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Drain beets, saving the juice. Add water if necessary to make 1-1/2 cups of juice. Set aside.
- Slice onion and combine with the beets in a glass or non-reactive bowl.
- In a sauce pan, heat the beet juice and the vinegar until steaming (not boiling) then add the sugar.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar and heat just to a boil.
- Pour the hot juice over the beets and onions, stir and let cool.
- When cool, cover and refrigerate. They taste best when they have sat for 24 hours.
Join The Conversation
These beets were "Super Delicious"! I liked trying your recipe because I DIDN'T have to use white vinegar and boil it and I didn't have to add a bunch of spices that I would never put in Pickled Beets. I used my garden beets, but, I'm sure it will be good with can beets. I think using the Cider Vinegar made all the difference. I'll be using this recipe often. Thank you.