Simple Pickled Eggs & Beets
This is a simple, but absolute favorite recipe that I have been eating since I was a little wee one. I usually add 2 cans of beets because I like beets. This recipe keeps well in the refrigerator, and you can add more eggs or beets to the juice at any time, if you need to. Well recieved at picnics and potlucks.
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole medium beets, with juice
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In saucepan, boil vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt and garlic powder until sugar is melted.
- Let cool In large container, combine beets, eggs, and onions.
- Pour vinegar mixture over all and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving (the longer this sits, the better it gets).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This one is a keeper! I got tired of paying .80/per egg at the deli for these so I thought I'd try to make my own, these are perfect! Though I would recommend letting the eggs soak 2 days instead of 2 hours, that allows the juice to penetrate all the way through, and they get better the longer they sit. Just delicious!