This recipe was picked up somewhere, somehow during the past 10 years or so, because it added a new deminsion to my stack of recipes that include mincemeat! There are several flavors of mango chutney, any one of which can be used here. The recipe can be made in advance & reheated, & it also freezes well.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tomato, diced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup mincemeat
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 (9 ounce) jar mango chutney
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in skillet, & brown chicken in oil.
- Remove chicken from skillet, & in same skillet, saute onion, garlic & gingerroot until soft.
- Add curry paste, chicken stock, tomato, salt & pepper, mixing well.
- Return chicken to skillet, then cover & cook over low heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in mincemeat & heavy cream.
- Serve over rice & drizzle with chutney.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Very flavourfull curry! Loved the mince meat in it.
What a lovely dish Syd. We really enjoyed this unique curry. What a great blending of flavors. I never would have thought that the mincemeat would work so well, Kudos on an excellent recipe. Thanks so much for sharing another Winner!
This was outstanding! So quick, so simple, and so delicious! The flavours all came together perfectly, and it was finished off with the fresh cilantro! I had to use fruit chutney in place of the mincemeat, but that was my olny alteration. Thanks for a great recipe! [Made for PRMR]