Recipe by ChamoritaMomma
This is a recipe from "A Taste of Guam", a cookbook written be a local Guamanian, Paula Quinene. Just thought I would share.
Top Review by mammacita1008
This is one of my family's favorite recipes! I have never made it with the cream of mushroom soup and flour, but that sounds like a great addition. We even have that cookbook, I have just never used a recipe for this; we make it so much ;) Will be trying this version soon!
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 7 boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans sweet corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, on medium heat, melt the butter. Saute the onions until translucent. Add the chicken and saute until cooked completely. Sprinkle in the flour, and combine well.
- Add the chicken broth and stir well. Pour in the cream of mushroom soup. Using the same can, fill with water and add to pot. Using a whisk, combine well.
- Add the salt, pepper, and accent to taste. Add the corn and coconut milk. Continue to cook for about 10 minutes, but DO NOT let boil.