Easy Chinese Chicken and Corn Soup
a very quick and easy soup perfect for a Sunday night dinner. One I found in the Sunday Life magazine in The Age newspaper.
- Ready In:
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 large chicken breast fillet (boneless)
- 300 g canned corn kernels
- 300 g canned creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 2 scallions (finely sliced) or 2 green onions (finely sliced)
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large saucepan(depending on your taste or needs you may wish to substitute some of the stock for water).
- Add chicken breast fillet to the stock, turn the heat off and cover the pain with a lid for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken breast from the stock and leave to cool for a few minutes then shred.
- Add corn to stock and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- Combine soy sauce and cornflour into a paste then stir into the soup to thicken slightly.
- Add shredded chicken to soup.
- Slowly pour beaten eggs into the soup in a steady stream, stirring constantly with a fork.
- Serve topped with the sliced spring onions and enjoy!
- NB: Cooking time includes the 15 minutes for "poaching" the chicken breast.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 10 more