Recipe by mandagirl
I got this recipe from my church cookbook. I made it a lot for my boys when they were very young. They loved it. *Added note: I think the kind of rice you use affects this recipe quite a bit. A sticky rice will absorb a lot of liquid, while a converted rice will not. I'm not sure, but I think you could adjust the liquid accordingly. I always use a more sticky rice.
Top Review by Derf
This was very easy to put together and cooked perfectly in the 30 minutes. I just made half a recipe for two of us and it was plenty. I had thought it would have a browned top but it turned out more like dumplings and did not brown. I used becel instead of butter, also used cooked brown rice, it worked just fine. We found it quite bland and colourless, for our tastes and if I were to make it again I would add some garlic and some other seasonings to kick it up a bit, with some peas and carrots for colour.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chicken, rice and broth and set aside.
- Melt butter and pour into a 1 1/2 quart round casserole dish.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and milk and pour into casserole dish with butter.
- Spoon chicken/rice mixture into center.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before eating.