Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Although this recipe has been changed a little to satisfy personal preferences, the original came from the Taste of Home Best Ever Chicken Cookbook 2009.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- In a large skillet, brown chicken strips in butter until no longer pink, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove from heat but keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add rice, carrots, onion, and red bell pepper, cooking and stirring, until rice is browned and onion is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth; place chicken strips over rice mixture.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in parsley.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
This was amazing! It tasted great! It was my first time cooking all by myself and not messing everything up! So it was a success and even my mom and my grandma loved it! I'm so happy!!! :)
This is great!! I did add a little garlic salt with the parsley and used 3 large chicken breasts. Perfect dinner for me to make for DH; chicken and rice is his favorite. Great that it can all be made in one pan. Made for Almost Five Tag.
Other than needing some chopped garlic and other spices, this is a great, fast, pantry ready meal in one. Very versatile as you could add just about any vegetables you have on hand (along with the carrots of course). Great weeknight dinner, thanks for sharing the recipe.