Recipe by Sydney Mike
Although this recipe has been changed a little to satisfy personal preferences, the original came from the Taste of Home Best Ever Chicken Cookbook 2009.
Top Review by Jovann
This was amazing! It tasted great! It was my first time cooking all by myself and not messing everything up! So it was a success and even my mom and my grandma loved it! I'm so happy!!! :)
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown chicken strips in butter until no longer pink, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove from heat but keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add rice, carrots, onion, and red bell pepper, cooking and stirring, until rice is browned and onion is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth; place chicken strips over rice mixture.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in parsley.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.