Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from a recipe at the Newman's Own site. This one's a quickie but goodie, handy when you have to eat in a rush! Instead of grilling, you can broil the chicken; as an alternative, you can also cut it into strips BEFORE cooking and dry-sauté the strips in a nonstick spray-coated pan.
- 1 (6 ounce) boneless chicken breast halves, flattened, grilled, and cut in strips
- 1⁄3 cup newman's own bombolina pasta sauce
- 2⁄3 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup medium-hot salsa
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In one small bowl, toss chicken strips with pasta sauce and let marinate 10 minute.
- In another small bowl, combine beans and salsa.
- Place half chicken on half of one tortilla. Spread half the beans and salsa over chicken; sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Repeat with second tortilla.
- Roll tortillas up and place, seam side down, in a baking dish.
- Bake at 375°F 5 minutes.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and serve.
Quick and easy! I couldn't find the bombolina sauce, so I just used a generic one. My family loved this and it will be a regular meal at our house now. My husband said it was the best burrito he ever had.
SCRUMPTIOUS...with a few changes. Used canned chicken, generic pizza sauce and a dab of barbeque sauce for the meat portion and I'd do it the same way again. I added minced onions to the bean mixture, then wondered why I had 2 seperate mixtures anyway, and just combined everything together. Finally, I wetted my fingers with water and coated each burrito, covered the pan with aluminum foil and baked 15 minutes. I wanted a softer burrito. Served with sour cream, saffron rice and mexicorn. EXCELLENT!
Yet another wonderful recipe for chicken breasts! I did rinse the beans completely before using them, & I used a medium salsa [am not great on BIG kicks]! The resulting burritos were just great! Thanks for an outstanding recipe!