Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
While trying to stretch 4 chicken breasts to feed 6 people I came up with this recipe. I serve it with wild rice and a salad.
- Cut chicken breast into strips.
- Saute garlic and chicken strips in butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Place broccoli in bottom of 2-quart casserole.
- Lay chicken strips over broccoli.
- Top chicken with diced ham and then swiss cheese.
- In small bowl combine soup and wine and pour over chicken mixture in casserole.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
I really liked this recipe. I didn't have any swiss so I substituted for neufchatel cheese instead and instead of wine, used chicken broth. Next time I think I will put on a crunchy topping. Thanks!
The dish was tasty! Next time I make it, though, I'll try it with mushroom soup and cook it about 10 minutes longer. Probably will reduce the amount of wine because it was runny and omit the salt altogether. The flavor was delicious, especially with the ham.
I had to add a little more cream of chicken than the recipe called for because I wasn't able to cover everything in the dish, but the recipe deserves the 5 stars even with that. I also topped it with breadcrumbs before baking and it came out awesome.