Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Serve this to guests and you will get rave reviews, the sauce from this is so good! the complete recipe may be doubled if desired.
Top Review by I'mPat
We had this for dinner last night and the sauce is to die for. We made it as a 6 serving, cooking this chicken breasts in the butter then keeping warm in the oven then cooked up the mushrooms, garlic and shallots (actually used spring onions/scallions), put these in another dish keeping warm in the oven then made the cream sauce. Put the chicken on the plate, topped with the mushroom mixture and then the sauce with excess sauce over the pasta. This one is a definate keeper, still smacking my lips this morning, thank you Kittencal. Made for 123 Hit Wonders 2007.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- black pepper
- hot cooked linguine or cooked fettuccine
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh button mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken breasts with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large skillet; add in breasts and cook until the chicken is tender and no pink remains.
- Remove to a serving platter; tent loosley with foil to keep warm.
- For the sauce; in the same skillet cook mushrooms, shallots and garlic in the chicken drippings for about 3 minutes or until tender; spoon over chicken.
- Add the wine to the skillet, stirring to loosen crusty browned bits in the bottom of the skillet.
- In a small bowl whisk together the chicken broth with flour and thyme; add to the skillet along with bay leaf; cook stirring until bubbly.
- Cook another 2 minutes more then add in whipping cream; cook stirring until just heated through .
- Remove the bay leaf, then season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the sauce over the chicken along with the cooked pasta.
- Pass the Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top of plate.