Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Easy and quick recipe for mushroom sauce. We enjoy this with grilled chicken breast and homemade dumplings. It would go great also with pasta or rice.
- Ready In:
- 150 g white mushrooms, sliced thinly (about 10)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube, Knorr
- salt, to taste
- In a large skillet heat oil and cook onion on medium heat until transparent. Add sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook until soft about 4 minutes. Set a side.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter add flour and cook until start to change in color. Add water, heavy cream and whisk well to prevent lumps.
- Add vegetable cube bujon and bring it to the boil.
- Add mushrooms.
- Reduce heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper if need it.
- You can also use milk instead heavy cream and water.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this as written and had some leftover for the next meal.I had some stewed yellow delicious apples (which didn't have any sugar added) I drained the liquid, pureed them and added to the leftover sauce. Apples and onions do go together. I heated, added a little more salt and pepper and served with fetticine noodles. There was a lot of guessing but no one figured it out. Thanks.Reply