Recipe by Bergy
I have made this recipe after posting it and it is delicious - I have modified it to some degree , I used boneless skinless breasts and pounded them to apprx. 1/2" thickness then placed them over the mounded dressing. Don't over cook them - 30 minutes was enough. I served them with Roasted Brussels Spouts and Baby steamed carrots - excellent! The olives add a special flavor
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes, ready made stuffing mix
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 bone in skinless chicken breasts
- hungarian hot paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter and saute the onions until tender, stir occasionally apprx 6 minutes.
- Add Broth, bring to a simmer& remove from heat.
- Add stuffing mix& Olives, Toss well.
- In a greased 13x9" baking dish spoon in 4 mounds of the stuffing.
- Pat them down a little.
- Mix together the mustard, thyme& garlic then spread it over the 4 breasts.
- Place a breast over each mound of stuffing, cover each mound completely.
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika if desired Bake in 375F over for 40 minutes uncovered or until the breasts are done.