Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
chicken breast rolled up in cream cheese and salsa, with very little preparation, cooked in a slow cooker. Very good for dinner parties, an supper.
- Pound chicken breasts to flatten.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and add salsa, cumin, and onions.
- Place heaping spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture on each chicken breast and roll up.(there will be leftover cream cheese mixture.).
- Place chicken breast seam side down in slow cooker sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over each chicken roll.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
What a lovely simple dish! Tasty too. Just wasn't sure about the texture of the chicken once cooked..I think I may have preferred a meatier chicken cut like a thigh as the breast was a bit too "shreddy" for my liking. Thanks for posting!
Pretty darned good! I used 3 breast halves to serve 6 (which is actually the "real" serving size for chicken) and neufchatel cheese which brought it down to 6 WW points/serving. Yummy!
This is definitely another great (& easy) way to fix & enjoy chicken breasts! I used a thick & chunky (mild) salsa & cut back just a bit on the cumin! REALLY, REALLY NICE, & a keeper of a recipe, for sure! I've got all kinds of salsa recipes on file & certainly want to try this one with a homemade salsa next time! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars tag]