1/2 Photos of Chicken Avocado and Mushroom Stuffed Vol-Au-Vents
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is so simple to make and very yummy, I usually serve this in the really large vol-au-vent shells, but I could not get any, so I had to serve in medium ones. These are not ideal as you can not get much filling into them, I ended up pouring some of the filling over after taking a photo, so we were not eating just pastry cases with no filling, which is ok but does not look the most appealing. I usually buy the 12.5cm cases just so you can get an idea of the size compared to the ones in the photo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (12 1/2 cm) pastry vol-au-vent cases (read note above with regards to the ones used in the photo.)
- olive oil
- 700 g chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300 g mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 1 (60 g) packet cream of chicken soup (The one I buy makes up 1 liter)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Heat oil in a pan cook chicken in batches until browned, remove and set to one side.
- 3Heat a little more oil in the same pan, add leeks, garlic and mushrooms, cook until leeks and mushrooms have softened, return chicken to pan and removed from heat.
- 4In a saucepan whisk soup powder with milk and stock, bring to the boil to thicken, stir in tarragon. (my packet mix requires one more cup of liquid than I use, so that I end up with a thicker version than a soup, to use as the sauce, so bear this in mind.).
- 5Pour soup mix into pan with chicken and mushroom mix, stir to combine, gently stir in avocado.
- 6Place spoonfuls of chicken mix into pastry cases, bake in oven for about 5-8 Min’s until hot.
- 7I served our with honeyed carrots and buttered spinach.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Avocado and Mushroom Stuffed Vol-Au-Vents
Serving Size: 1 (509 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.3
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 132.0 mg
- Sodium 366.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 45.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: