Chicken Liver Vol-Au-Vents
photo by KerfuffleUponWincle
- Ready In:
- Bake the pastry according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet. Add the chicken livers and saute gently for 3 to 4 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from the skillet.
- Add the onion to the skillet and saute until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, then the broth. Simmer, stirring, for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken livers.
- Remove the "lids" from the pastry shells and spoon the filling into the shells.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Replace the lids and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
hello catnip46, what a nice dish! I served these for a luncheon and they were wondeful. :) I tweaked the recipe slightly and I hope you won't mind - I used a large onion with 4 button mushrooms (personal preference). I used Brandy instead of chicken broth and if more liquid was needed I used the chicken broth. The vol-au-vents were just lovely and then after I filled them I used the Parmesan cheese and parsely. thank you so very much for posting - I love chicken livers and will add this one to my cookbook. thanks, a lot - Manami :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my fur babies who I spoil rotten and in return they give me unconditional love. I have 2 cats and 3 dogs,? I just adopted a 13 yr toy poodle. Both cats were adopted also. All of them are very affectionate and very well behaved. I have been so blessed to have these? beautiful animals in my life.</p> 8726752"