Jerk Spiced Pumpkin / Squash Vol Au Vents
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
6 vol au vents
- Bake pastry shells at 375F for 20 minutes or as directed on package. (If you are adventureous enough to make your own, you probably don't need me giving you details on baking them.).
- Cube the squash and coat with a little olive oil before roasting for about a half hour (or until soft with a little crispiness on the outside). Set aside.
- In a skillet, saute the chopped spinach and almonds until spinch is soft. Season with jerk seasoning and add to squash.
- Divide mixture between pastry shells and warm in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Curry Sauce:.
- Saute the curry powder or paste in some olive oil. Add coconut milk and veggie stock. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Slice the plantain thinly and fry in oil until golden on each side.
- To serve, put a filled pastry shell on a plate, spoon on some curry sauce and top with a few slices of plantain. Garnish with some fresh green herbs such as cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a recipe junkie and collect way too many cookbooks. But when it's time to actually make something, I quickly turn to the internet... I started avoiding meat more than 20 years ago for environmental reasons. (It takes so many resources and the pollution risks of confinement operations are huge.) I've been vegan for years now and can report that the health benefits are also real. I really don't understand why people insist on eating meat