Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a very simple, easy casserole dish. It was given to me by a friend.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can water
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms (you can use canned mushrooms)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease baking dish.
- Mix everything together EXCEPT chicken.
- Mix well and put into casserole dish.
- Put chicken on top of rice mixture.
- Cover and bake 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes.
Simple to make, yummy and the BF liked it. All of the criteria for a 5 ***** review. I even tried it with cream of asparagus and it was great! I will make this many times,I am sure. Thanks for a great weeknight recipe!
This is 5 star for pure ease! I was looking for something easy and this hit it! I did add more spices, some red pepper flakes and garlic powder, then I took a topping from a similar recipe and crumbled saltines and some crispy french onions on top for the uncovered 30 minutes. Thanks a ton for making my life easy tonight Barb!
This was good! I think next time I make it I will cut up the chicken into cubes and mix it all together. The chicken was just a little too dry for me (I also used HUGE pieces of chicken..). But thanks for the recipe! We loved it. YUM