Batty Boop's Note:
This recipe originated in a Canadian Living magazine. I changed it a bit over the years and added more vegetables. I like the fact that all the food groups are in it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon oil or 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 2 packages artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cajun spices (or to taste)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced (I use a combination of coloured peppers)
- 12 -16 snow peas
- 3 green onions (optional)
- soya sauce (optional)
- 1Melt butter or oil in fry pan.
- 2Brown chicken breasts and remove to plate.
- 3Deglaze pan with chicken broth.
- 4Add vinegar, sugar, cajun spice and pepper.
- 5Simmer on medium heat for a minute or two.
- 6Drain pineapple and reserve tidbits.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Put cornstarch in pineapple juice and stir.
- 9Add to fry pan to thicken chicken broth.
- 10Stirring often.
- 11At this point put chicken back in pan,cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 12Turn chicken and add celery.
- 14Simmer another 5 minutes and add peppers and snow peas.
- 16Simmer another 5 minutes till vegetables are tender crisp.
- 17Stir in reserved pineapple.
- 18Serve over white or brown rice.
- 19Garnish with sliced green onions and sprinkle with soya sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Pineapple
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.5
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 212.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: