1/1 Photo of Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
A fast, easy soup for a weeknight dinner made with items found in the fridge and pantry. From Canadian Living Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (900 ml) package chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package gnocchi
Spinach Gremolata Topping (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 2Fry the chicken, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and bay leaf, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken broth and 1-1/2 cups water; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce the heat to medium; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Add the gnocchi; simmer, uncovered, until the gnocchi float to the top and are firm to the touch, about 5 minutes.
- 6Discard the bay leaf.
- 7To make the gremolata, combine in a bowl the spinach, lemon rind and juice, oil and garlic.
- 8Sprinkle onto the bowls of soup.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 809.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: