Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this out of a People magazine. Tried it and it was great.
Make and share this Chicken and Cavatappi a La Vodka recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cavatappi pasta
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 4 ounces golden Italian dressing
- 2 leaves fresh basil, cut in thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 6 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh marjoram
- white pepper
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vodka
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Marinate the chicken: Put the chicken breast in a bowl and cover with Italian fressing, rosemary, and garlic. Marinate for a couple hours in the fridge.
- Make sauce: In a pot large enough to hold the entire recipe, saute garlic, onions, mushrooms and herbs until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add bouillon and stir well.
- Add vodka and cook a minute, then add white wine and reduce for another minute.
- Stir in paprika and tomato paste and cook 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes with juice and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, stir well and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and reserve for chicken.
- Final play: Cook the pasta al dente and drain.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill or broil 10 minutes per side. Let cool a bit and cut into 1" strips.
- Add pasta and chicken to sauce pot and combine well.
- Top each portion with Parmesan and basil and serve with garlic bread.