Chef #607540's Note:
Creamy chicken and asparagus casserole, can be served over rice or noodles. I threw in a bit of this and a bit of that, and the whole family (including my picky eighteen year old daughter who won't touch chicken) licked the plates. Definitely a winner.
My Private Note
main di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese with chives
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen asparagus spears or 1 lb fresh asparagus spear, trimmed
- 1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Poach skinless boneless chicken breasts in enough water to cover, just until cooked through and no longer pink. Remove breasts and reserve water to cook rice or noodles. Cool and cube chicken.
- 2Coat an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray. Layer frozen asparagus spears evenly on bottom of pan. Top with cubed chicken.
- 3Soften flavored cream cheese in microwave 60 seconds. Whisk together cream cheese, sour cream, condensed soup, and half and half until smooth. Stir in sage and black pepper. Pour over top of chicken.
- 4Top with french fried onions and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Asparagus Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.4
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 592.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with chives