Recipe by foodart
Old time classic chicken dish in a cream sauce.
Top Review by RecipeNut
Sorry but this recipe has too many mishaps! I added the salt and onion powder at the beginning where the recipe calls for it. At the end of the recipe it says to add more salt and onion powder. It definitely doesnt need more of either after the ingredients were added at the beginning. After making the rue and following the instructions it never got thick! I added instant potato flakes to thicken it. I am giving it 3 stars for flavor but the recipe needs work, like more information for cooking.
- 4 whole chicken breasts, cut into large chucks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 8 cups Swanson chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, bite size pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place into a mixing bowl and combine chicken, pepper, salt and onion powder and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Melt the butter and flour and make a white roux, add salt and onion powder and blend well.
- Add in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer and when the mixture start to thicken adds half and half and whisk mixture at a simmer to thicken.
- Stirring the mixture and add in the chicken pieces and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in pea and carrot and eggs pieces and mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.