Hey Jude's Note:
I grew up on these, it's the only way to eat hot dogs. Don't ever, ever put ketchup on them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare your grill for grilling.
- 2Cut each tomato crosswise into 1/4-inch slices, then cut each slice in half to make half moons.
- 3Grill the hot dogs until browned, 4-5 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- 4Just before serving, split the buns and grill them, cut side down until toasted, about 30 seconds.
- 5Place a hotdog in each bun; tuck tomato slices between each hotdog and bun, add two peppers, one on each side of each hotdog.
- 6Spread a generous amount of mustard on top of each dog and scatter about one T each of onion and pickle relish over each; finish with a generous dash of celery salt and serve!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicago-Style Hot Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.5
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 852.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 11.6 g