Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I grew up on these, it's the only way to eat hot dogs. Don't ever, ever put ketchup on them!
Make and share this Chicago-Style Hot Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare your grill for grilling.
- Cut each tomato crosswise into 1/4-inch slices, then cut each slice in half to make half moons.
- Grill the hot dogs until browned, 4-5 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Just before serving, split the buns and grill them, cut side down until toasted, about 30 seconds.
- Place a hotdog in each bun; tuck tomato slices between each hotdog and bun, add two peppers, one on each side of each hotdog.
- Spread a generous amount of mustard on top of each dog and scatter about one T each of onion and pickle relish over each; finish with a generous dash of celery salt and serve!