Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I grew up on these, it's the only way to eat hot dogs. Don't ever, ever put ketchup on them!
Make and share this Chicago-Style Hot Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare your grill for grilling.
- Cut each tomato crosswise into 1/4-inch slices, then cut each slice in half to make half moons.
- Grill the hot dogs until browned, 4-5 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Just before serving, split the buns and grill them, cut side down until toasted, about 30 seconds.
- Place a hotdog in each bun; tuck tomato slices between each hotdog and bun, add two peppers, one on each side of each hotdog.
- Spread a generous amount of mustard on top of each dog and scatter about one T each of onion and pickle relish over each; finish with a generous dash of celery salt and serve!
I used to eat hotdogs like this years ago and loved them. Good news: they are still wonderful. This recipe is kind of a fun way to enliven a pretty standard food. Make srue the onions are really well chopped or the taste can be sort of over powering. Thanks!
Mmmmmmm we love chicago dogs. I was so excited to see your recipe, we had them right away. I bought the best beef hot dogs I have found and they were delicious. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Very Tastey, my first time having a "Chicago style hot dog!" Loved it!