1/2 Photos of Chewy Italian Rolls from KAF
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Another King Arthur Flour Recipe that is based on an Asiago Ciabatta recipe. These rolls offer the taste and texture of traditional Italian bread, with a nice spongy nature. Prep time is active and does not include rising
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- 3Cover bowl and let rest at room temperature for 12 to 20 hours, until very bubbly.
- 5Mis biga with remaining ingredients for 2 to 4 minutes, using an electric mixer set on slow speed.
- 6Increase mixer speed to medium, and mix for about 4 minutes; the dough will be soft and slightly sticky.
- 7Add additional water or flour if necessary.
- 8Let dough rise in greased, covered bowl, for 1 to 2 hours, until very puffy.
- 9Turn dough out onto well floured surface, and shape it into a 6"x12" square.
- 10Using a bench knife or pizza wheel, cut out eight 3" square rolls.
- 11Place rolls, floured side up onto parchment paper.
- 12Cover rolls and allow to rise for 45 minutes or until puffy.
- 13Place a baking stone in the top third of oven, and preheat oven to 450.
- 14Bake the rolls for 13 to 15 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- 15Remove from oven and cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Italian Rolls from KAF
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 584.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 7.0 g