Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another King Arthur Flour Recipe that is based on an Asiago Ciabatta recipe. These rolls offer the taste and texture of traditional Italian bread, with a nice spongy nature. Prep time is active and does not include rising
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Cover bowl and let rest at room temperature for 12 to 20 hours, until very bubbly.
- Mis biga with remaining ingredients for 2 to 4 minutes, using an electric mixer set on slow speed.
- Increase mixer speed to medium, and mix for about 4 minutes; the dough will be soft and slightly sticky.
- Add additional water or flour if necessary.
- Let dough rise in greased, covered bowl, for 1 to 2 hours, until very puffy.
- Turn dough out onto well floured surface, and shape it into a 6"x12" square.
- Using a bench knife or pizza wheel, cut out eight 3" square rolls.
- Place rolls, floured side up onto parchment paper.
- Cover rolls and allow to rise for 45 minutes or until puffy.
- Place a baking stone in the top third of oven, and preheat oven to 450.
- Bake the rolls for 13 to 15 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack.