1/1 Photo of Chestnut, Onion, Currant Stuffing
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is great for those who do not wish to use sausage in their stuffings. I got it from a Gourmet magazine 8 years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2toast bread in a baking pan until just dry-15 to 20 minutes.
- 3cut onions into eight and cook in butter oven moderate heat until golden brown-25 minutes.
- 4simmer chestnuts in 2 cups of broth for 15 minutes.
- 5remove pan from heat and stir in currants.
- 6let mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- 7chop parsley.
- 8toss together bread, onions, chestnut mixture, and reamining 1 1/2 cups broth, herbs, and salt and pepper to taste
- 9cool completely.
- 10preheat oven to 325°F.
- 11bake stuffing in a shallow baking dish for 45 minutes.
- 12garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chestnut, Onion, Currant Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.6
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 224.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves