Cook1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is great for those who do not wish to use sausage in their stuffings. I got it from a Gourmet magazine 8 years ago.
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- toast bread in a baking pan until just dry-15 to 20 minutes.
- cut onions into eight and cook in butter oven moderate heat until golden brown-25 minutes.
- simmer chestnuts in 2 cups of broth for 15 minutes.
- remove pan from heat and stir in currants.
- let mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- chop parsley.
- toss together bread, onions, chestnut mixture, and reamining 1 1/2 cups broth, herbs, and salt and pepper to taste
- cool completely.
- preheat oven to 325°F.
- bake stuffing in a shallow baking dish for 45 minutes.
- garnish with parsley.