Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Festive at Christmas or Valentine's Day! Prep and cook time are approximate.
Make and share this Cherry Vanilla Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- Combine sugar, salt, cream, mil, corn syrup and butter in a large heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boiling.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until candy thermometer reaches 238F (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from heat, leaving thermometer in the saucepan. Cool to 100°F.
- Add vanilla. Beat briskly until fudge thickens and begins to lose its gloss.
- Stir in cherries.
- Pour into buttered 8" square pan.
- Cool. Cut into squares when firm.
So sorry--apparently I'm Fudge Impaired. I bought a new candy thermometer to try this recipe, and I ended up with ooze that my husband and I couldn't even stir. He broke the spoon trying. I poured it onto a piece of buttered waxed paper. It looks sort of like caramel, but it is too runny for caramel. Please give me some possibilities on what I did wrong! For starters, I probably overcooked it. I hope that an experienced, successful fudge maker will try this recipe and write a review. I don't want to give a star rating, because I'm the one that goofed. Your puppy photo is adorable!