Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Festive at Christmas or Valentine's Day! Prep and cook time are approximate.
Make and share this Cherry Vanilla Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- Combine sugar, salt, cream, mil, corn syrup and butter in a large heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boiling.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until candy thermometer reaches 238F (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from heat, leaving thermometer in the saucepan. Cool to 100°F.
- Add vanilla. Beat briskly until fudge thickens and begins to lose its gloss.
- Stir in cherries.
- Pour into buttered 8" square pan.
- Cool. Cut into squares when firm.
So sorry--apparently I'm Fudge Impaired. I bought a new candy thermometer to try this recipe, and I ended up with ooze that my husband and I couldn't even stir. He broke the spoon trying. I poured it onto a piece of buttered waxed paper. It looks sort of like caramel, but it is too runny for caramel. Please give me some possibilities on what I did wrong! For starters, I probably overcooked it. I hope that an experienced, successful fudge maker will try this recipe and write a review. I don't want to give a star rating, because I'm the one that goofed. Your puppy photo is adorable!