Vanilla - Quad Fudge
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
1 9x5" pan
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla sugar
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 tablespoons table cream or 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2⁄3 cup chopped best quality white chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup marshmallow cream (I used homemade)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, cut lengthwise and seeds scraped (save the pod and make your own vanilla sugar or extract)
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large heavy-bottom saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, and cream. Stir until smooth, then bring to a rolling boil.
- Boil, stirring often, until mixture reaches 242F on a candy thermometer (about 7 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the white chocolate, marshmallow fluff, vanilla extract, and vanilla seeds until melted and smooth.
- Spread into the pan and let sit overnight before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"