Recipe by Quiet Man
This is a quick easy breakfast roll that the kids can help make
Top Review by Lady in love :)
This was ok, but not one of my favorites. I did use a 9 x 13 cake pan maybe that made a difference in how it came out, not sure. Very dense and the fruit all went to the bottom and kinda dried up. Sorry......
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄8 cup powdered sugar, for dusting after baking
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time: beat.
- Add vanilla.
- Add sifted dry ingredients.
- Mix all well.
- Spread mixture in an 11 X 17 inch pan, leaving 1 ½ cups for later.
- Spread filling over batter.
- Gently, using a spatula, drop remaining batter from spoon over filling.
- Put chopped nuts on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.