Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a quick easy breakfast roll that the kids can help make
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄8 cup powdered sugar, for dusting after baking
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time: beat.
- Add vanilla.
- Add sifted dry ingredients.
- Mix all well.
- Spread mixture in an 11 X 17 inch pan, leaving 1 ½ cups for later.
- Spread filling over batter.
- Gently, using a spatula, drop remaining batter from spoon over filling.
- Put chopped nuts on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
This was ok, but not one of my favorites. I did use a 9 x 13 cake pan maybe that made a difference in how it came out, not sure. Very dense and the fruit all went to the bottom and kinda dried up. Sorry......
This was easy and my family loved it. I did use a 21oz can of cherry pie filling. Going to make it for work. DELICIOUS
There is one problem with this recipe. One cup of Cherry Pie Filling is NOT enough. I used a 21 oz. can and I could have used more. The next time I make it, I'll use one can of cherry pie filling and 1 can of sweet cherries. Spread the cherry filling to about 1 inch from the edge. Otherwise, this recipe is very good. It may be difficult finding an 11 x 17 inch pan. I used a very large cookie sheet.