Recipe by Shelby Jo
This recipe is one that my Mom used to make quite often. I like it and I don't even like cherries!
Top Review by Lainey39
These make a tasty treat. I was a little worried that my jelly roll pan was going too big, but it worked out fine. I did use parchment paper and I'm glad I did. The edges, which were not completely covered with the parchment paper kind of stuck to the pan. So be sure to grease your pan! I baked mine for about 30 minutes and they turned out just fine. They do have to cool down quite a bit to cut into nice squares. We liked the glaze, too. They are sweet but that's what a dessert is supposed to be! Thanks for sharing. Made for Photo Tag.
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, one at a time
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all ingredients except the pie filling.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups batter.
- Spread the rest of the batter in a jelly roll pan.
- Spread 1 can of cherry pie filling over batter.
- Spoon the reserved batter on top.
- Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir together the glaze ingredients. Drizzle over top of cherry squares while still warm.