photo by cookingwithteri
- Ready In:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can shoe peg corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, drained
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced tomato (I used can diced because of the season)
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt and pepper
- cilantro, Not called for in recipe but added
- Mix all ingredients and let sit at least four hours in the fridge. The longer it sits the better. Serve with chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this recipe for my college graduation party and it was WONDERFUL! My son was at first upset that I did not use a recipe that he had, but I liked the sound of this one with the avocado. I doubled the recipe right off the bat and I am glad that I did! He stopped complaining after he tasted it. Thanks for posting it!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a transplanted Texan. I have lived in different states as my father was in the service but basically grew up in Louisiana. So, I classify myself as a Texan, Cajun and Greek with all different taste in food. I've been married to my wonderful husband for 21 years and for many of those years he did most of the cooking with me doing the Holiday meals. We moved so I'm now only 4 minutes from work and I have much more time to experiment in the kitchen. My son and husband like to give their opinions on my attempts at new dishes.