Pineapple Skillet Chicken
A delicious one-dish meal. I love it and I don't even like pineapple!
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion (optional)
- Spray a large saucepan or skillet with nonstick spray.
- Add chicken cubes.
- Cook over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Add remaining ingredients (except green onions, if using).
- Stir well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- During last five minutes of cooking time, stir in green onions (if using).
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION