Surprise Cherry Squares
- Ready In:
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add flour, beating well. Stir in flavorings.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased 15x10x1-inch jellyroll pan, spreading evenly.
- Lightly cut through batter with a small knife to mark off 24 squares. Spoon about 1 tablespoon pie filling in center of each square.
- Bake at 350~ for 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Batter will puff up around filling while baking.
- Cool cake in pan 10 minutes. Cut into squares, and remove from pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
With a new job and the demands of my family, holiday baking didn't happen ahead of time this year! Therefore I found myself, on the 23rd of December, in my kitchen trying to decide what to make with what I had. Finding a can of cherry pie filling, I decided to give these a try and I'm so glad I did. First, they are beautiful. They looked so nice on the pan as the dough rose up around the cherry. The dough itself is like a very soft butter cookie and the cherry is a wonderful complement. This is one we really enjoyed. Thanks.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am from Andover, Ma. We have a place in Maine where we spend most of the summer. I have a wonderful husband in my life that I thank God for everyday. I love to cook and bake. It relaxes me. And I love it when I see the smiles on peoples faces when they love what I have cooked. Thanks to all of you and your recipes this happens alot!</p>