Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cherry pie filling is swirled into this cake batter before baking. This can also be made with blueberry, apple or any other canned fruit filling. Serve with ice cream or just sprinkle with powdered sugar. Delicious!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Cream butter and sugar and add eggs.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix together flour and baking powder, add to creamed mixture and combine.
- Grease a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan and spread 3/4 of batter in the pan.
- Spread cherry pie filling on top of batter.
- Spoon the remaining batter over the filling in large dots.
- Swirl together slightly.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until browned.
- Cool cake completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares to serve.